What steps are being taken at Kingfisher Lodge and Five Islands House to reduce the risks of spreading COVID-19?
The health and well-being of our guests and dedicated team is paramount. As part of our standard operations we have strict cleaning procedures for Kingfisher Lodge and Five Islands House, however, as you would expect we have implemented additional cleaning protocols to ensure the properties are effectively disinfected and are using cleaning products that are approved to the appropriate certification against coronaviruses. We have also made some small, but important changes, that we believe will help ensure as safe an environment as we can offer.
- A day late arrival times to ensure our team have the extra time required to carry out the necessary cleaning protocols.
- Self-check-in rather than us personally meeting you but we will be on site and on hand should you have any questions on arrival.
- Our Guest Information Folder is in a plastic folder and in plastic sleeves which is easier to disinfect.
- Some non-essential or multiple items, or those that would be difficult to ensure their sanitisation, have been removed from the properties such as books, DVDs, games, etc.
- Supplying pump hand soaps at the kitchen sinks and bathrooms for guests to use if they wish.
We are encouraging all our guests to follow the advice of the Government and the NHS to play their part in reducing the risk of spreading the virus by washing their hands regularly, maintaining social distancing when at our property and in the local area, maintain good hygiene practices such as using tissues when coughing or sneezing, or your sleeve if you have no tissues, and disposing of tissues in the bin.
We are in a remote countryside location which makes it easier to maintain social distancing. We have some lovely walks from Kingfisher Lodge and Five Islands House or you can soak up the views of the lake within the private grounds. In particular, our properties allow our guests to keep themselves in an isolated environment yet still get away and enjoy a peaceful break.