- The Lodge is available for occupation from 3pm on the day of arrival until 10am on the day of departure.
- Please ensure you contact Martin/Lara prior to your arrival to provide an approximate time of arrival. Martin’s Tel: 07900 807272 Lara’s
Tel: 07860 833424. Please note: We sometimes experience poor mobile reception where we live so if you have difficulty in reaching us on our mobiles, then please contact us on 01986 788548.
- We take absolute pride and care with our lodge and we expect that the lodge is left as you found it. An extra fee of £50 will be charged to the party if the lodge is not left in an unacceptable state. (See below for further details on this).
- The lodge can only be rented for general holidays, including fishing, cycling, walking, and bird watching.
- Minimum nights that can be booked are 7 and maximum nights 14 during the months of end of March – end of October, throughout the year.
- The lodge sleeps a maximum of 4 people. No male groups unless agreed with by the owners
- Only named people renting the lodge are allowed on the property to fish or walk around the lake and grounds. We do not allow friends of the guests to visit the property.
- Consideration must be given at all times to fishing members who fish around the lake.
- No cycling or picnicking around the lake.
- No litter or rubbish must be left around the lake or lodge.
- Entry/exit to/from the lodge is through a private gate, which MUST be closed at ALL times.
- No pets are allowed at the lodge.
- No smoking is allowed at the lodge.
- No Children under the age of 14 are allowed to stay at the lodge.
- Shoes MUST be removed before entering the Lodge.
- The lodge has its own garden area allowing barbequing etc.
- No responsibility will be taken for any injury, loss or damage to any persons or their property whilst staying at Kingfisher Lodge or for any inconvenience caused due to circumstances beyond the owners control.
- The proprietors maintain the right to enter the property at any time as may be necessary.
- Cycles and mountain bikes may not be bought into the lodge. There is a secure
shed behind the Lodge where cycles can be stored.
- Gas appliances – Gas appliances in UK properties, by law, have to be installed and maintained by Gas Safe registered engineers and a copy of the service certificate is available in the Welcome Pack folder. If you have any doubts about the efficient operation of any gas appliance, particularly boilers or hot water heaters, in your property, please contact us, immediately. As you would at home, please ensure that gas cookers and fires are turned off after use and, in particular, check this before you go to bed.
- Cleanliness – You and your party agree to keep the property clean and tidy and to leave Kingfisher Lodge in a similar condition as you found it when you arrived. The Owner can retain the £50 cleaning deposit (which is paid upon booking the lodge) to cover any additional cleaning if the lodge is left in an unacceptable state.
- Breakages – We accept and understand that accidents do happen, which can result in breakages or damage to the property or equipment within the property, however, we ask that you report any such accident, or any missing items, to us the Owner, as soon as possible.Owners are entitled to charge you for the actual costs of any breakage or damage in or to the property, or the cost of replacing missing items, along with any additional costs that may result, however, we will be practical about the application of this rule and consider each incident on a case-by-case basis.Where towels and bed linen are provided, this is for your convenience and comfort and we ask that you take special care when using them, so as not to damage or permanently stain them. The use of self-tanning lotion/fake tan is a particularly common example of something that causes permanent stains.Please do not remove anything from the property. If you take something away by accident please notify us immediately and return the item to the property at your own expense.
- Cancellation: if you have to cancel your holiday, notify us immediately and we will try to re-let for you. If we succeed, the balance of your rent will be refunded. The deposit is not refundable because re-letting at short notice is often difficult and expensive. Unfortunately if we cannot re-let the lodge, you will be liable to pay the full amount.
We strongly recommend therefore that you take out holiday cancellation insurance to protect yourself from this risk.
Finally…We are committed to providing you with high quality and we are always keen to get feedback from our guests, as your comments and suggestions provide valuable information on how we can further improve our services.
We work very hard with our property to ensure that you will have an enjoyable holiday, however, in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with your accommodation, then it is very important that you notify this straight away with us and do not wait until you return home, when the chance of actively helping you has passed. Even if you think nothing could be done to make your situation better, you must say something while you are on holiday.